Did you know that:
Average industrial energy prices, including the Climate Change Levy, increased in real terms by 4.0 per cent between Q2 2016 and Q2
Energy prices are increasing and your business cannot be put on hold during periods of high energy costs
Argonaut Power can help to increase the resilience of your business with respect to brown-outs and black-outs
- The end of coal-fired power, increasing proportions of renewables, and the arrival of electric vehicles have contributed to making the UK power grid increasingly unstable and prone to outages.
- UK power outages from 2014 to 2015 increased from 537 to 640 per year, an increase of 19%¹.
- UK businesses without an energy resilience strategy are risking 17 per cent of their revenue, equating to £2.8 million each year in damages and lost opportunities for the average UK business².
- A power surge in May 2017 caused BA flights to come to a standstill, causing three days of disruption and costing BA around £100m in compensation costs, and damaging their reputation³.
- Eaton estimates that power outages cost companies an average of £54,750¹. Impacts on your business could include damaged equipment, lost data, lost product, facility downtime and reputational damage.
- Can your business afford a power cut?
¹ Eaton Blackout Tracker Annual Report 2015.
² Small Business.co.uk “Businesses risk £2.8m of annual revenue through lack of energy resilience”: http://smallbusiness.co.uk/businesses-risks-revenue-energy-2541361/
³ British Gas “It’s time to get serious about resilience” https://www.britishgas.co.uk/business/blog/its-time-to-get-serious-about-resilience/